Dermalogica cares about the safety of customers and skin therapists. The following guidelines are intended to create a safe environment for the practice of skin services
1. Prescreen clients to ensure they are free from any sickness and have not had contact with confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days. Employees should be free from any sickness and temperature shall be checked prior to beginning the work shift.
2. Clients in high risk and vulnerable groups such as an advanced age or with pre-existing medical conditions are advised not to get treatments.
3. Ensure physical distancing protocols maintain 6 feet between clients in common areas, by, for example, staggering appointments, offering curbside check-in or limiting entrance to the skin centre.
4. Clients and employees shall wear masks in common areas. Therapists shall wear a clean, dry mask during each shift. Masks can be worn for more than one client but must be put on and taken off in a sanitary manner. Therapists shall also wear a face shield when working in close proximity to the client. Therapists shall wear a freshly laundered or disposable apron during each shift.
5. Hands shall be sanitised on entry to the skin centre. Therapists shall visibly wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after touching clients, after contact with soiled or unsterilized tools and surroundings. Every treatment or skin analysis that involves touching should begin with a facial cleanse.
6. If used, gloves shall be changed before and after touching clients and after contact with any soiled or unsterilized tools and surroundings.
7. All professional use products shall be disinfected after each use and stored in a cabinet or sealed container when not in use.
8. Treatment beds must be covered with either clean treatment table paper, a clean towel or a clean sheet before each client. Only use blankets which are laundered after every client.
9. All non-porous, metal or plastic non-disposable equipment, as well as surfaces, must be cleaned and then disinfected before each use. Electrical items shall be sprayed or wiped before each use.
10. Clean and dirty items and tools must be kept visibly separate in well-marked, covered containers.
11. All high touch areas throughout the skin centre shall be disinfected when visibly soiled and at least hourly.
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.